When you’re plant-based, roasted cauliflower is a staple. You cut it into florets, coat them in oil, sprinkle on some salt and pepper, and bake them to perfection. While the standard method is always a win, Natalie Portman completely hacked the system and created a version that will ignite your taste buds in an entirely new way.
The longtime vegan actress loves sharing her cooking techniques on Instagram, and one of her most recent recipes is simple—yet oh-so-effective. In her whole-roasted cauliflower technique, she firsts boils the head for five minutes. Then, she covers it with avocado oil and salt before baking it in the oven for up to two hours.
Once it’s done, you’ll be left with a ridiculously good, golden brown dish that’s ready to devour. Try out her recipe for yourself below.
View this post on Instagram
Natalie Portman’s Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Trim leaves of cauliflower and cut stalk so it stands upright.
3. Boil head down for 5 minutes.
4. Place on baking tray stalk down so it stands.
5. Cover with avocado oil and sprinkle with salt.
6. Put in over for 1.5 to 2 hours.
7. Every half hour, take it out and cover it again with avocado oil.
8. Take out when top is golden brown.